I don't know who you are
and maybe I never will
but the very thought of you
makes me happy
brings me pleasure
not the erotic kind
where I am forced
to sell my soul
eat too much
drink too much
bloat my body
for another taste
of your honey
it's a different kind
simpler, softer
the kind that makes me want
to plant a garden
pick fresh fruit
walk our dog
through wet and green
coastline trails
eat dates and pecans
figs and walnuts
food of the gods
primordial
like our love
this morning, lying in bed
early rays of light
streaming in through my window
resplendent in the morning sun
I suddenly realized
in a burst of clarity
that you didn't exist
you would think
I would have been sad
empty
but instead I wandered
outdoors
alone
full
seeking the perfect spot
to plant our garden
all three of us
once again
together
and maybe I never will
but the very thought of you
makes me happy
brings me pleasure
not the erotic kind
where I am forced
to sell my soul
eat too much
drink too much
bloat my body
for another taste
of your honey
it's a different kind
simpler, softer
the kind that makes me want
to plant a garden
pick fresh fruit
walk our dog
through wet and green
coastline trails
eat dates and pecans
figs and walnuts
food of the gods
primordial
like our love
this morning, lying in bed
early rays of light
streaming in through my window
resplendent in the morning sun
I suddenly realized
in a burst of clarity
that you didn't exist
you would think
I would have been sad
empty
but instead I wandered
outdoors
alone
full
seeking the perfect spot
to plant our garden
all three of us
once again
together
No comments:
Post a Comment