Wednesday, 29 August 2018

2018 - Really??

Wow  -  it doesn't seem possible!  Years have passed me by since I first started this site….

        Today is October 8, 2018, and I am finally moving back to Mexico! Back "home." I will be attending a division of the Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) - in Taxco, MX - about two hours south of Mexico City.  At this division of the University, foreigners come from all over the world, and they study Spanish as an adjunct to their home university studies.  
        However, for me, I will be staying in Taxco for 8 months - or however long it takes me to qualify for the CEPE exam - which will allow me the credential of entering into a Spanish University (like the English Proficiency Exam in Canada for foreigners to enter into our University system…).
        This is probably one of the most exciting things I have ever done in my life. I have been studying Spanish randomly for five years, more seriously for two years, and then intensively for the past year in a university here in Canada.  Studying Spanish in Latin America will truly be a game-changer though - I am positive.  My dream is to one day be bilingual, and to be able to speak freely in Spanish, just as I do in English. I have stopped and started many things in my life - and this is one dream that, finally, I will not be quitting before I complete.
        My plan is to start maintaining my blog site here again.  I am excited for this renewal of commitment; to share once again with poetry, stories, ideas, dreams, prayers, and LIFE!

Namaste,  Robyn



No comments:

Post a Comment