Thursday, 22 October 2015

Love

I think it takes incredible courage
to be scared out of your mind
I think it takes ridiculous levels of confidence
to be completely and utterly vulnerable
I think it takes a whole lot of emptiness
to allow yourself to be filled right up to the top
with love
grace
patience
kindness
honour
redemption 
a complete and utter lack of judgment
for anything
anyone
anytime
anyplace
never
not once
not one small vindictive thought
word
deed
action
how do we get there?
to Grace
how do we navigate this one small short life
where the ending is always the same
no matter how different the journey looks
whether you pillage and plunder
rape and pilfer
drink and gamble
addicts and criminals
it's all the same
we're all the same 
Catholics and Protestants
Buddhists and Monks
evangelists and mendicants 
rich and poor
happy and sad
the truth will always be the Truth:
we're all enroute to Him
if we ever truly and absolutely
irrevocably   
understood this
could anything possibly
remotely possibly
stay the same?
what If we were
truly were
all the same
truly One
what would happen to Christianity
what would happen to religion
what would be left
when it all fell away
I would say:
Spirit
Love
Grace
Faith
Hope
Tears 
but the greatest of these 
is Love

No comments:

Post a Comment