Well, today was the day - I am "officially" a student of UNAM - which basically means that my funding came through, and I went and paid for everything :)
9am this Monday morning it all starts - 7 weeks straight of school from 9am to 2:30 each day. This feels intense, and I haven't even started yet.. I have four levels to complete in the next year. However, Level 8 is difficult to pass and for now - I am counting on retaking Level 8 in July and August of 2019 before undertaking my DELE exam.
The DELE exam is the certification of Spanish as a Foreign Language, which means I can enter into the University of Mexico as a regular student, and attend their regular classes offered in Spanish. This will allow me to complete my degree in a foreign language, which I believe will help me immensely when looking for work in Latin America upon completion of my degree.
The school is absolutely ridiculously stunning though - honestly, it exceeds all of my imaginings and dreams.... It is a heritage site, and one of the prettiest locations I have ever seen. I get to spend ten months here! I bought a book written by a local on the author on the history of the University site - I will share more as I learn more. I believe the buildings are up to 400 years old though...
Two of my fellow students are diplomats from Russia; they work at their embassy in Mexico City. They are one level above me though, so I will only see them in passing. Very intelligent, friendly, open, and charming people though.
Two other students are from Japan, and they are just starting Spanish, so they are in Level 1 of the 8. I am not sure how many of us are in Level 5 - hopefully at least a few more than just me. I know the more I can listen to others speak, the more I can and will learn. I believe there are about 30 or so of us here this semester - I am easily the closest one to home, and yet I feel so far away!
And yes, I am finally starting to remember to take pictures ….
And YES - we DO have a pool at the school!!!!
Two of the wonderful office workers, helping me get my registration completed:
Walking back home from School:















No comments:
Post a Comment